There is a registered Manager, Assistant Manager, 24-hour staffing, specific 1:1staffing as required and 2 waking night staff to support individuals as and when required.
The service provides an opportunity for the residents to learn or develop new life skills so they can move on to supported living when ready. The service promotes people to gain confidence in their lives and promotes decision-making and choice (person-centred) making them gain and feel more confident with time. Ashgrange House is individualised and dependent on the specific needs and communication of the people living here and support is offered 24h. The staff work with both verbal and nonverbal service users using their chosen preferred communication methods. Where a Service User requires 1-1 support we will liaise with the local authorities to ensure that our team can meet this need. At present, we got five service users.
Ashgrange House is situated close to Eastbourne town centre (15 min walk time) and within walking distance of the seafront and local amenities. The closest bus stop from the house is 2 mins walk away and Eastbourne train station is an 15min walk time. There is a spacious lounge area and dining area and the kitchen can be accessed at any time when needed. We have a large garden at the back of the house where people can relax or play games during the summertime, we have a small inflatable swimming pool, basketball hoops, and pool and table tennis facilities. If the service users choose to go to town, they will find lots of coffee shops (Costa, Starbucks etc) also pubs and discos which are easily accessible. The town has shopping centre with a selection of shops, cinemas, restaurants and banks. At Ashgrange House we have 7 bedrooms, 1 of which is en-suite. We also have a purpose built flat located within the home. Ashgrange house as a communal bathroom and shower room and toilet located on ground and first floor. Staff are on hand to support the service users 24 hours a day with any task that requires support and advice. Any adjustments that are required to meet the individual’s needs can be assessed accordingly.
Individuals wishing to live at Ashgrange House will benefit from a homely environment where the emphasis is placed on developing individuals’ skills through promoting independence with support from a fully trained staff team.
- 24/7 support from experienced and trained staff
- Individual care plans centred on promoting independence
- Focus on service user input
- Support to maintain existing family and friends relationships, whilst providing the opportunity to develop new ones
- A homely environment based upon service users different tastes
- A quality service inspected and regulated by CQC
- Comprehensive assessment based on individual needs
- Care packages that include all aspects of risk assessments and ensure appropriate care planning review
- Qualified and empathetic staff that receive regular training in all aspects of supporting individuals with learning disabilities, challenging behaviours and mental health needs
- In-house behaviour therapies and counselling for individuals who need that service
Access to external agencies such as psychology, physiotherapy, Speech Language Therapy, Behavioural Analyst and Psychiatrists or appropriate day services as identified in care plans.